Three members of The Campus Headliner, other 454 students graduate for SLSU Main Campus Class of 2021

Southern Leyte State University (SLSU) Main Campus produced a total of 457 graduates for Class of 2021 during its 38th commencement exercises on October 7. Three (3) of whom are members of The Campus Headliner, the official student publication of SLSU Main Campus.

Gabriel A. Centino, the publication’s Editor-in-Chief graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering along with Mike Benzent G. Angcay, the chief cartoonist and senior layout artist, and Glenise T. Handayan, news editor.

Out of the total students qualified for graduation, there were 48 graduates of the Bachelor of Science (BS) in Civil Engineering, 13 graduates of the BS Computer Engineering, 15 graduates of the BS in Electrical Engineering, six (6) graduates of the BS in Mechanical Engineering, 185 graduates of the BS in Industrial Technology, 61 graduates of the BS in Information Technology, 44 graduates of the BS in Secondary Education, 36 graduates of the BS in Criminology, and 49 graduates of the BS in Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management.

Dr. Prospero “Popoy” E. De Vera III, the Commission of on Higher Education (CHED) chairperson, serves as this year’s commencement speaker.

In his message, Dr. De Vera stressed the needs to “never stop learning” while sharing stories of successful scholars being the reasons of the present’s victory for free and quality education.

The 6 campuses of SLSU, including the SLSU-Tomas Oppus Laboratory High School (Junior and Senior) and the Graduate School, took part in this year’s system-wide graduation ceremony.

This is the second virtual commencement exercises for the whole SLSU system since the COVID-19 outbreak in 2020.